Date: 6/12/20 1:43 pm
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Ladd Marsh
Hello OBOLites -

Last weekend, Taghrid and I visited the Ladd Marsh Wildlife Area. While we struck out on our primary goal, which was to find Great Gray Owls (one of Taghrid’s nemesis birds), we did have a great time with our birds in the area, including a bonanza of Swainson’s Hawks (dark, intermediate and light forms), nice encounters with Barn Owls and Short-eared Owls (2 each), as well as a very nice collection of other fauna and flora. En route to Ladd Marsh, we also made a brief stop at Deschutes River SP, where, amongst other things, we saw a leucistic Red-tailed Hawk.

Here is a link to a photo album from that trip: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNMAKkc

Good birding,

Nagi & Taghrid.

Join us on Facebook!