Date: 6/12/20 12:09 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Klamath Co Yellow Rail?
Yellow Rails don't breed in typical Virginia, Sora, etc. type Marshy
Habitat. They are too diabolical.
See the single photo on this page for their preferred nesting habitat.

https://search.macaulaylibrary.org/catalog?taxonCode=yelrai&region=Oregon,%20United%20States%20(US)&regionCode=US-OR&q=Yellow%20Rail%20-%20Coturnicops%20noveboracensis

Bob OBrien Carver OR

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 11:47 PM Howard West <howardoutwest...>
wrote:

> Google Earth shows what must be a very small Irrigation ditch running
> through that area JUST South of the Cemetery.
> Could it be that these birds exist in some small areas that are nowhere
> close to the expected habitats?
> Or, are they just moving through?
>
> Howard West
> Klamath Falls
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 11:08 PM Robert O'Brien <baro...> wrote:
>
>> FYI Bob OBrien Carver OR
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 10:51 PM John Rakestraw <
>> <rakestrawbirder...> wrote:
>>
>>> I have had good luck near Fort Klamath. Park at the historic marker on
>>> OR 62, just east of the cemetery.
>>> John Rakestraw

>>> --
>>> John Rakestraw