Date: 6/11/20 11:33 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Klamath Co Yellow Rail?
PS
For the OBOLers who don't Rail. These super elusive birds are almost
always identified by call/recording, often at night.
Seeing one is almost, but not quite
https://ebird.org/checklist/S46755603#_ga=2.123852362.1159459675.1591942969-824734375.1590261844
impossible. At least this observer was standing in Oregon, even though the
rail was in California.
And to think he apologized for the 'mediocre' quality of his photo, taken
across the state line.
Bob OBrien Carver OR

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 11:07 PM Robert O'Brien <baro...> wrote:

> FYI Bob OBrien Carver OR
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 10:51 PM John Rakestraw <rakestrawbirder...>
> wrote:
>
>> I have had good luck near Fort Klamath. Park at the historic marker on OR
>> 62, just east of the cemetery.
>> John Rakestraw
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 9:02 PM Thomas Love <tlove...> wrote:
>>
>>> I was going to try for Yellow Rail tomorrow night north of K Falls. I
>>> remember them being regular mid-June a few miles east of 97 on the Silver
>>> Lake Hwy. But checking ebird I see not hotspot there, and consulting Steve
>>> Summers' 1993 A Birder's Buide to the Klamath Basin I see no reference to
>>> this site, only iffy sites around Wood River with the best being DIxon Rd.
>>> crossing the Wood River near Kimball SP.
>>>
>>> Anyone have insight/update on this situation?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>> --
>> John Rakestraw