Date: 6/11/20 8:28 pm
From: <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Indigo Bunting (?)
Well, I’m feeling a bit sheepish, in that I may have jumped the gun in saying absolutely that the bunting in question was a hybrid.

Looking at multiple photos from multiple photographers on a large screen (rather than on my phone) has us thinking the bird may well have been a true INDIGO BUNTING, as we first thought/hoped.

Tomorrow, I will post the photos I have to the blog, and I’ll send out another email.

People did look for the bird this afternoon, once the mid-day rain passed, and to my knowledge, nobody found the bird. But singing overall was way down by the time I got there at 3:00 p.m. or so, and the bird was extremely hard to track down without songs in the morning. Unfortunately, it’s supposed to rain tomorrow morning...

Oh, and I missed the Northern Parula by about 100 yards (Louis was looking at it, I was looking at Louis), in between my visits to Marymoor.

= Michael Hobbs
= www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
= <BirdMarymoor...>