Date: 6/11/20 4:31 pm
From: david.shealer <david.shealer...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Hooded Warbler & chat, Mines of Spain, DBQ
Seems like another good year for Yellow-breasted Chat in Iowa. I had one
on territory this morning at Mines of Spain in Dubuque, along with a very
vocal Bell's Vireo. Bird of the day, however, was a singing male Hooded
Warbler that I never saw but got a decent recording of its song. This
appears to be the first June record for HOWA in DBQ County (they are
occasional here during spring and fall migration), so it's possible this
guy is on territory as well.

Cheers,
Dave Shealer
Dubuque