Date: 6/11/20 4:15 pm
From: 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Scissor-tailed Flycatcher in Calvert
Jane Kostenko and I rendezvoused with Andy Brown and Jason Avery at the site before the rain brought the search to a halt. Sherman had said he thought the flycatcher had departed but you never know. We collectively searched from Parran and Mackall all the way down Lloyd Bowen Road, Cage Road, Garrity Road and Jeff Pat. Would love for it to be relocated but not holding our breath at this point.

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland

On Thursday, June 11, 2020, 1:44:22 PM EDT, James Tyler Bell <jtylerbell...> wrote:

Sherman Suter was out doing atlas work this morning near Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum in southern Calvert. He was talking with a landowner who began describing an odd bird they had seen earlier in the morning. He said after a few descriptive words, he knew it was a STFL. They went to the location, on Garrity Road off of Mackall Road, and he was able to obtain photos. The bird then flew off and he was unable to relocate it. Doesn't mean it's not there or it could be like Stan Arnold's northern Anne Arundel STFL recently where it was there for a day or two then blasted off. Just be aware that the horse farms on Garrity are private property so be mindful and no trespassing. I would also suggest the the intersection of Parran and Mackall Roads may be a good place for an STFL to settle into with lots of open areas and perches. Not great for parking, though.

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland