Date: 6/11/20 4:02 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Westside Wilson's Snipe breeding
Gabrielson and Jewett(1940)p.246"There are definite breeding records for ...Douglas(Hardy);Multnomah(Finley); Marion(Johnson);Linn(Prill);...and Benton(Woodcock)Counties..." I heard and saw a Snipe winnowing the last Thursday of April,1980 east of sw 53rd and north of Nash Road in Corvallis. In  2007 there were three different WISN winnowing at Cedar Canyon/"Killin" Wetland(Washington).The best habitat is up Killin Road where l don't believe many birders drive. Graham Road provides a good prospect of the main marsh and Killin arm. If snipe are winnowing one might find themselves at the snipe's apogee from Graham.     Prill, author of the Linn County record, was Bill Thackaberry's father-in-law. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!