Date: 6/11/20 9:21 am
From: Patricia Valdata <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Brown Pelican, yard bird (!) #106
A Brown Pelican was first spotted fishing in our creek a couple of weeks
ago, but I missed it. Today I came home from grocery shopping and it was
right off our dock! Beautiful, breeding-plumage bird, but you can hardly
tell from this photo. The bird is below the left-hand tree, if you can't
spot it right away.

The Laughing Gulls harassed it until it flew away, but I saw it do one dive
before that happened. Didn't have time to digiscope it, but seeing this
bird made my day!

Pat Valdata
Crisfield, Somerset County