Date: 6/11/20 7:53 am
From: Greg Ongie <gregongie...>
Subject: [ia-bird] F.w. kent park, not a sighting
I was out there yesterday, and unfortunately did not see/hear any of the chats. The most reliable one is by valley view prairie parking area, which is located in the northern part of the park, just past the campground (there is a sign). From the parking area, go southwest (downhill) until you reach a gravel path that is roped off next to a pond. The chat has been seen at the top of the hill north of the pond, west of the gravel path.

The pony truss bridge mentioned in the sightings is the one on the east side of the park, southeast of the conservation center. It is most easily reached from the unnamed parking area just south of the conservation center on the east side of the road with the picnic table. The bridge is just down the path that leads east into the woods.

Henslow's sparrows, grasshopper sparrows, bobolinks, and more can be found along the far northeastern corner of the park in the pasture opposite the eastern boundary of the park. Also I've found Henslow's sparrows and sedge wrens in the prairies west of the road on the western side of the park.

Hope this helps,
Greg Ongie