Date: 6/10/20 1:35 pm
From: Sarah Anderson <sarahanderbell...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Montgomery County, Conn Island eagle nest news
After successfully fledging two Bald Eagles this year I'm sad to report
that not only is the Conn Island nest gone, the whole tree it was in is
GONE. This happened sometime over the past weekend. I view from the
Virginia side so perhaps from the Maryland side you can see the downed
tree. It was confirmed this morning that both eaglets are fine. They are
still hanging around the area as are the adults. It will be interesting to
see if and where the nest is rebuilt; perhaps it is Maryland's turn to have
the good view although I really hope for good views from both sides of the
river!

Sarah Anderson
Great Falls, Virginia