Date: 6/9/20 5:08 pm
From: Merle and Marsha Hall <mghall...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Xavier Ave, Y Ave....Dallas County
After the rain stopped mid-afternoon, Marsha and I took a trip down
Xavier Ave and Y Ave.  We saw seven or eight Yellow-billed Cuckoos
strinkled all the way down south of the bridge to 210th St.  Also, a
pair of Cedar Waxwings which we hadn't seen there yet this year, several
Baltimore Orioles, a couple of Rose-breasted Grosbeak, the usual number
of Northern Cardinals, Redwing Blackbirds and Tree Swallows, and heard a
Barred Owl.  Oh, and a family of about 10 Wood Ducks.

No sighting of the Sandhill Cranes this time, maybe because they've
harvested the crop from the field east of the road, but the Bobolinks
and Dickcissel's are still in the tall grass on the west side of Y Ave
near the feedlot, though you about need a telescope to see the Bobolinks
as they were pretty far out.

Merle and Marsha Hall

Granger