Date: 6/9/20 11:42 am
From: Wayne Weber <contopus...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Ash threatened flycatcher!
Tweeters,

Never mind the spell checker. In 1980, shortly after the eruption of Mount St. Helens, an Ash-throated Flycatcher showed up near Vancouver, BC. (It could well have been displaced by the eruption.) Michael Price quipped that we should have called it an ASH-COVERED FLYCATCHER.

Then there was the Spotted Owl that showed up out of habitat after the massive Biscuit Fire in SW Oregon in 2002. Someone said, “Are you sure it wasn’t a CHARRED OWL?” (not to be confused with the BARRED OWL).

Wayne Weber

Delta, BC, Canada

<contopus...>