Date: 6/8/20 6:46 pm
From: credwards via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: RE: [ia-bird] Worm-eating warbler
I visited the Croton Unit later in the morning, and I heard the Worm-eating Warbler sing several times, very far up one of the branches of the ravine Chuck described. I tried to track it down but never heard it again. This sure isn't a very cooperative bird!

A BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER, a rare summer resident in SE Iowa, was singing next to the parking lot. I found most of the other expected birds including Kentucky Warbler, Cerulean Warbler, Blue-winged Warbler, Louisiana Waterthrush, Northern Parula, Yellow-breasted Chat, White-eyed Vireo, Acadian Flycatcher, and Red-shouldered Hawk.

Chris Edwards
Solon, IA