Date: 6/8/20 11:35 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Possible Ovenbird - Luckiamute (Polk Co.)
i agree with the Yellowthroat diagnosis.
Below is an email I sent to Nick this morning after sending him one last
night with the wrong jpg.
Bob OBrien

Hey Nick- Correction!!!
It was late last night and I just realized that I pasted your recording
into the jpg twice. That's why it sure looked like yours was a Yellowthroat.
I've fixed it now, and I still think it's a variation on Common
Yellowthroat, but certainly not an exact match!
https://search.macaulaylibrary.org/catalog?taxonCode=comyel&mediaType=a&q=Common%20Yellowthroat%20-%20Geothlypis%20trichas

Notice how Yellowthroat has 3 peaks while ovenbird has two. Small, Small,
Big; vs. Big Big
And all of this is based upon my thinking it was a Yellowthroat from the
start, then checking Maccaulay; not randomly searching through Macaulay
sonograms.
Bob

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 11:26 AM Shawneen Finnegan <
<shawneenfinnegan...> wrote:

> Nick:
>
> Dave and I listened to the song and both felt it sounded like an odd
> Common Yellowthroat. Ovenbirds are more strident with notes that have a
> shorter amount of space between the notes and from looking at the sonograms
> are pretty consistent. Common Yellowthroat songs are much more variable.
>
> Your sonogram:
> https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/241804141
>
> Here is one that visually looks like your sonogram:
>
> Recording by Henry Burton:
> https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/111688341#_ga=2.35858400.1547299548.1591496455-402013106.1529951032
>
> And here is a typical Ovenbird:
>
> https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/10635#_ga=2.258632138.1547299548.1591496455-402013106.1529951032