Date: 6/8/20 10:51 am
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Possible Ovenbird - Luckiamute (Polk Co.)
Nick, Maureen, et al.,

After listening to this recording again, I believe the individual I thought
was a second AMGO counter singing may actually be a Common Yellowthroat.
Also, the intensity of the main singer’s vocalizations does sound a bit
more deep and powerful than I’ve heard AMGO sound during a disjunct song.
It also gains in volume. I suppose AMGO probably isn’t the best fit in this
case, and I rescind that idea.

The recording still sounds a bit odd for an Ovenbird, but I’m not too
familiar with them and almost don’t feel experienced enough to comment on
the range they can show. I suppose I could get on board with an atypical
Common Yellowthroat, as they can sing 2 note song phrases. But yes, not
sure how comfortable I’d feel listing this to the species level.

It’s a tricky one and sorry I couldn’t be of more help!

Best,
-Nick Mrvelj (PDX)