Date: 6/8/20 10:44 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Subspecies
To add to Lars' recommendation, which I heartily second, and if you do find
the 'vintage' hard copy, check to see if the foldout Oregon map is still
inserted
into the back cover. This is often lost over the years. A very nice
addition and worth paying a little extra for, if you are so inclined. Very
worthwhile book for any serious Oregon birder to own, for a whole number of
reasons. If you really want to go 'vintage' you could look for a copy
signed by the author(s). There are a few of these out there as well.
Otherwise, skip to the bottom of this post.
Signed,
A. Bibliophile

PS Well, it could get a little to spendy, I guess. This one is signed by
the famous Olaus Murrie as the illustrator
1 *Birds of Oregon [SIGNED BY ARTIST]*[Buy it!]
<https://used.addall.com/SuperRare/url.cgi?=~=http://affiliates.abebooks.com/c/73934/77797/2029?u=http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetails?bi=1237502350=~=Abebooks>

[show this book only
<https://used.addall.com/SuperRare/RefineExact.html?id=200608103517939098&order=PRICE&ordering=ASC&dispCurr=USD&exaAuthor=Gabrielson,+Ira+N.;+Stanley+G.+Jewett&match=Y&exaTitle=Birds+of+Oregon+[SIGNED+BY+ARTIST]>
] Gabrielson, Ira N.; Stanley G. Jewett 179.99 Abebooks Independent
Books [publisher:
Oregon State University, Corvallis] First Edition 650 numbered pp; HB.
Signed by well-known mammalogist and frontis artist Olaus J. Murie.
Includes fold-out map in rear pocket, which is in Fine (+) condition.
Pages: clean, bright, tight, color frontis; a.e. lt tanned, t.e. a bit
dusty. Cover: woven green, black artwork front, black titles front/spine; v
lt shelfwear, extrems a bit worn, 2 fait dampstains front. Over 100 photos
+ figures. Classic. [Long Beach, WA, U.S.A.]
If you are a little cost-conscious, and who isn't these days, you could go
for one of these No map, no signature, same text as Lars states.
12 *Birds Of The Pacific Northwest: With Special Reference to Oregon*[Buy
it!]
<https://used.addall.com/SuperRare/url.cgi?=~=http://affiliates.abebooks.com/c/73934/77797/2029?u=http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetails?bi=13181958431=~=Abebooks>

[show this book only
<https://used.addall.com/SuperRare/RefineExact.html?id=200608103906381933&order=PRICE&ordering=ASC&dispCurr=USD&exaAuthor=Gabrielson,+Ira+N.+%26amp;+Stanley+G.+Jewett&match=Y&exaTitle=Birds+Of+The+Pacific+Northwest:+With+Special+Reference+to+Oregon>
] Gabrielson, Ira N. & Stanley G. Jewett 8.00 Abebooks Sapsucker
Books [publisher:
Dover] Softcover, 650p., illus., fold-out chart, ISBN 486-22346-9 [Grafton,
VT, U.S.A.]