Date: 6/8/20 8:32 am
From: Kathy Leonard <Kathyd.leonard...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Berlin Pond this am + Shaw’s ducklings
Approaching Berlin Pond from the south along Berlin Pond Road we spotted 8+ wood ducks on the private pond on the west side of the road, and a gb heron who soon took off. A nice surprise was seeing a hare cross the road between the ponds.

The South end of Berlin Pond was pretty birdy at 7:30. We had close looks at several male American redstarts along the road, saw yellow warblers, kingbirds, swallows and a Baltimore oriole - while common yellowthroats sang from many low thickets. A cooper’s hawk was mobbed against the sun, illuminating its wings and tail.

Leaving the Berlin Shaw’s store thereafter, we made way for a mallard mom with a tight group of three ducklings as they successfully crossed the road to a retention pond by the Comfort Inn.

##

Join us on Facebook!