Date: 6/8/20 8:22 am
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] Chickadees working hard
Yesterday, I was admiring the feverish day-long activity of two adult chestnut-backed chickadees packing food into and poop sacks out of the nest box by our front door. What was intended to be a house decoration by my wife has turned into a house for the chickadees!

While photographing the activity I discovered that one of the adults is missing about 40% of it upper mandible! The defect doesn’t appear to be limiting the ability of this bird to sustain itself and raise a family. See attached photos.

Roy Lowe
Waldport, OR

Join us on Facebook!