Date: 6/7/20 10:14 pm
From: Phil Davis <pdavis...>
Subject: [MDBirding] MD/DC Records Committee news - date correction
Hi again:

One quick correction to my earlier message. The dates for the Maryland
Black-chinned Hummingbird should be 18 Jan 2020 - 22 Feb 2020.

These dates are also shown corrected, in red, in my original message,
below.

Thanks to Tyler Bell and Jane Kostenko for keeping me honest!

Sorry for the confusion.

Phil

=================================
Hi MD/DC birders:

The following news updates come from the MD/DC Records Committee
(MD/DCRC):

Committee Members: Members completing their three-year voting terms
are Barry Cooper, Keith Costley, and Sean McCandless. The committee
thanks them for all their efforts over the past years. The new members
elected for three-year terms are Daniel Irons, Frank Marenghi, and
Alex Wiebe. We welcome them to the committee. Matt Hafner was
reelected committee Chair and Phil Davis was reelected committee
Secretary.

Annual Meeting and Minutes: The 2020 Annual Meeting of the MD/DCRC was
held on 1 March 2020. The "Annual Business Report and Annual Meeting
Minutes" document has been posted to the MD/DCRC web page here ...

https://mdbirds.org/records-committee/records-committee-business-operations/#toggle-id-1

MD/DCRC Web Updates: We have updated all of the committee's web
products, including the Official Lists for MD and DC, the Review Lists
for MD and DC, copies of an abridged version of our MD and DC
databases, and other data and administrative products. All are PDF
files.

The MD data products can be found here ...
https://mdbirds.org/records-committee/maryland-bird-records/

The DC data products can be found here ...
https://mdbirds.org/records-committee/district-of-columbia-bird-records/

Committee Summary and administrative items can be found here ...
https://mdbirds.org/records-committee/records-committee-business-operations/

Official Lists Update: Since our last posting, the committee has
accepted the following new species:

MD: First state records of Hermit Warbler (Herrington Manor State
Park, Garrett County, 14 Oct 2019) and Black-chinned Hummingbird
(Compton, Saint Mary's County, 18 Jan 2020 - 22 Feb 2020) were
accepted. These new "firsts" raise the MD species list total to 455.

DC: No new "state" species were added to the DC list over the past
year, however, the 20 May 2018 Hains Point Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
was inadvertently left off of the previously posted DC Official List.
Its inclusion brings the DC list total to 342.

Review List Changes:

MD: Only one MD review list change was adopted at this year's meeting:
Band-rumped Storm-Petrel was changed from MD Review Category 2 to
Category 4E so that it is now reviewable only inside the Offshore
Continental Shelf (OCS). This species is now expected outside of the
OCS, so it will only be reviewable inside the shelf and inland. Minor
changes and additions were made to the committee's separate MD
Subspecies Review List.

DC: No Review List changes were implemented at this year's meeting.

Thanks to MOS Webmaster, Tom Strikwerda, for posting these updates.

Good birding.

Phil

Phil Davis, Secretary
MD/DC Records Committee