Date: 6/7/20 12:21 pm
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

Common Goldeneye (1 Klamath)
Red-breasted Merganser (2 Curry)
Mountain Quail (2 Deschutes)
Eared Grebe (4 Benton)
Costa's Hummingbird (1 Klamath, 1 Multnomah)
Sandhill Crane (1 Benton)
Wilson's Phalarope (1 Multnomah)
Franklin's Gull (1 Deschutes)
Northern Harrier (1 Douglas)
Red-shouldered Hawk (2 Tillamook)
Western Screech-Owl (1 Deschutes)
Red-naped Sapsucker (1 Deschutes)
American Three-toed Woodpecker (2 Deschutes)
Willow Flycatcher (3 Deschutes)
Least Flycatcher (6 Deschutes, 1 Grant)
Gray Flycatcher (1 Multnomah)
Plumbeous Vireo (3 Harney)
Gray Catbird (6 Jackson)
Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (1 Wallowa)
Grasshopper Sparrow (2 Harney)
Brewer's Sparrow (2 Jackson)
Yellow-breasted Chat (1 Tillamook)
Ovenbird (3 Harney)
Northern Waterthrush (3 Deschutes)
Black-and-white Warbler (1 Harney)
Tennessee Warbler (8 Harney)
Magnolia Warbler (1 Deschutes)
Blackpoll Warbler (8 Harney)

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) (3) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 08:17 by Wes Stone
- Link River Trail, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2278182,-121.7991543&ll=42.2278182,-121.7991543
- Comments: "2 males continue on river near power station. Female a bit
upstream."

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 14:38 by Leisyka Parrott
- Rogue River--South Jetty, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.4180233,-124.4310933&ll=42.4180233,-124.4310933
- Comments: "Female resting with Mallards in harbor."

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 14:38 by Russ Namitz
- Rogue River--South Jetty, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.4180233,-124.4310933&ll=42.4180233,-124.4310933
- Comments: "Female resting with Mallards in harbor."

Mountain Quail (Oreortyx pictus) (1)
- Reported Jun 05, 2020 10:08 by Mike Bogar
- Whychus Canyon Preserve--pre-restoration (restricted access), Deschutes,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3552988,-121.4358528&ll=44.3552988,-121.4358528
- Comments: "Male calling from wooded hill to the east, on other side of
Wychus creek . After a few minutes. a second male started calling from the
west, along hill under houses"

Mountain Quail (Oreortyx pictus) (1)
- Reported Jun 05, 2020 06:27 by Mike Bogar
- Whychus Canyon Preserve--pre-restoration (restricted access), Deschutes,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3552988,-121.4358528&ll=44.3552988,-121.4358528
- Comments: "Heard. Likely in adjacent '2017 Restoration' hotspot area."

Eared Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) (2)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 09:11 by Robert Jilek
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5201324,-123.3461237&ll=44.5201324,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Continuing, NE."

Eared Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) (3)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 08:43 by Will Wright
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5201324,-123.3461237&ll=44.5201324,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Smaller grebe with pointy top to head, not flat like horned"

Eared Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) (3)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 05:50 by Kaplan Yalcin
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5201324,-123.3461237&ll=44.5201324,-123.3461237
- Comments: "continuing, NE pond"

Eared Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) (3) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 09:36 by Hendrik Herlyn
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5201324,-123.3461237&ll=44.5201324,-123.3461237
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing on NE pond."

Costa's Hummingbird (Calypte costae) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 07:05 by Kevin Spencer
- Stukel Mountain, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.10932,-121.62265&ll=42.10932,-121.62265
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "While standing at edge of road a small bird lit atop of some
currant bush not more than 6 feet away. I turned to look.. DOH! A male
COSTA'S HUMMINGBIRD! In great light with Purple extended gorget, central
breast white, flanks green. While getting a pic I heard it's tiny thinnest
song! Ten minutes earlier I saw a female hummingbird that during a brief
view seems more like a female COHU than a CAHU; but will record as
hummingbird so. This is first COHU in native vegetation in Klamath County
for me, with all others seen in association with a feeder nearby."

Costa's Hummingbird (Calypte costae) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 20:30 by Dena Turner
- US-OR-Portland-My Tabor Neighboring Residence 45.5149x-122.6019,
Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.514885,-122.601947&ll=45.514885,-122.601947
- Comments: "At my feeder. Viewed from the back, but caught details of head
as he (a male) turned its head a number of times. Long purple gorget,
extending on neck so that when he turned his head the long gorget was
obvious, and extending out a bit. Definite white through the eye and more
than Anna’s. As noted, gorget significantly different from Anna’s."

Sandhill Crane (Antigone canadensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 09:36 by Hendrik Herlyn
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5201324,-123.3461237&ll=44.5201324,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Heard the unmistakable flight call of at least one bird quite
a ways to the west of the ponds. It called 3 times but I was unable to get
a visual. Just returned from 3 days at Malheur NWR, so the sound of cranes
is fresh in my memory. :)"

Wilson's Phalarope (Phalaropus tricolor) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 11:09 by Leonard Barrett
- Vanport Wetlands, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.598966,-122.6880813&ll=45.598966,-122.6880813
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Well, that really rounded out the day. :-) Full description
and crappy (but diagnostic) pics to follow. Easily viewed with scope from
usual south end spot. Lost and relocated several times. Would have been
tough with bins only.

Slender shorebird with light buffy chest fading to white underneath, black
through eye with gray crown, continuing down neck."

Franklin's Gull (Leucophaeus pipixcan) (1)
- Reported Jun 05, 2020 10:08 by Central Oregon Historical Records
- Redmond Sewage Ponds, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3352042,-121.2192706&ll=44.3352042,-121.2192706
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Observer and photographer - Lynda Paznokas"

Northern Harrier (Circus hudsonius) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 09:21 by Kenneth Phifer
- Fords Pond, Douglas, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.3923419,-123.367763&ll=43.3923419,-123.367763
- Comments: "Med hawk white rump. Black wing tips whitish body"

Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 13:22 by Denise Harrington
- Eckloff Road - west of transfer station, Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.4148687,-123.857692&ll=45.4148687,-123.857692
- Comments: "Initially identified by its repetitive call. Eventually we
were able to see the bird, the distinctive pale crescent at the base of the
primaries, and the multi-banded tail."

Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 13:22 by Cliff Cordy
- Eckloff Road - west of transfer station, Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.4148687,-123.857692&ll=45.4148687,-123.857692
- Comments: "Initially identified by its repetitive call. Eventually we
were able to see the bird, the distinctive pale crescent at the base of the
primaries, and the multi-banded tail."

Western Screech-Owl (Megascops kennicottii) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 03:45 by Damian Fagan
- NF1012, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3092206,-121.6284199&ll=44.3092206,-121.6284199
- Comments: "Bird responded to imitated call and flew in to a perch in
nearby tree. Could not visually locate the bird but it called several times
with several hollow notes followed by rapid trilling notes. Parked in dirt
pullout at junction of NF1012 and Hwy 126."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 08:59 by Carol Cruzan
- Calliope Crossing, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3507699,-121.5526056&ll=44.3507699,-121.5526056
- Comments: "Previously reported. White belly, red nape."

American Three-toed Woodpecker (Picoides dorsalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 05, 2020 14:07 by Erika Emig
- Trout Creek Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2461577,-121.6949676&ll=44.2461577,-121.6949676
- Comments: "Yellow on crown, white patch with gray barring down back,
barred flanks. Seen along the trail just before the marked spot where the N
Waterthrush has been seen (~0.5 mi from trailhead)."

American Three-toed Woodpecker (Picoides dorsalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 05, 2020 14:07 by Deanna Emig
- Trout Creek Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2461577,-121.6949676&ll=44.2461577,-121.6949676
- Comments: "Yellow on crown, white patch with gray barring down back,
barred flanks. Seen along the trail just before the marked spot where the N
Waterthrush has been seen (~0.5 mi from trailhead)."

Willow Flycatcher (Empidonax traillii) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 07:10 by Evan Thomas
- Black Butte Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3713649,-121.6314715&ll=44.3713649,-121.6314715
- Comments: "Peter heard it first and then we got a brief look."

Willow Flycatcher (Empidonax traillii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:33 by Sevilla Rhoads
- Deschutes National Forest, Bend US-OR 43.92934, -121.43565, Deschutes,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.929341,-121.43565&ll=43.929341,-121.43565
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Identified by a friend based on photographs."

Willow Flycatcher (Empidonax traillii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:33 by Alexander Rhoads
- Deschutes National Forest, Bend US-OR 43.92934, -121.43565, Deschutes,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.929341,-121.43565&ll=43.929341,-121.43565
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Identified by a friend based on photographs."

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 05, 2020 11:40 by Deanna Emig
- B-S Logging Rd, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3558903,-121.6150596&ll=44.3558903,-121.6150596
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Seen and heard. Repeated che-bek che-bek
call. Thanks Tom Crabtree for helping us locate it and Matt Cahill for
finding and reporting it!"

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 05, 2020 11:40 by Erika Emig
- B-S Logging Rd, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3558903,-121.6150596&ll=44.3558903,-121.6150596
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Seen and heard. Repeated che-bek che-bek
call. Thanks Tom Crabtree for helping us locate it and Matt Cahill for
finding and reporting it!"

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 07:10 by Evan Thomas
- Black Butte Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3713649,-121.6314715&ll=44.3713649,-121.6314715
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Heard well and seen briefly."

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 12:50 by Rebecca Hartman
- Clyde Holiday SP, Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.4155744,-119.0886211&ll=44.4155744,-119.0886211
- Comments: "Active and very vocal in cottonwood and alder thicket area
just east of teepees."

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 07:45 by Charles Gates
- Deschutes National Forest, Sisters US-OR 44.35726, -121.62008, Deschutes,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.357257,-121.620079&ll=44.357257,-121.620079
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Calling constantly from same location as previously noted."

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 03, 2020 12:50 by Oscar Harper
- Indian Ford Campground, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.357242,-121.6104126&ll=44.357242,-121.6104126
- Comments: "Continuing along creek west of hwy."

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 09:45 by Tom Crabtree
- Upper Indian Ford Creek, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3581103,-121.6210665&ll=44.3581103,-121.6210665
- Comments: "Continuing"

Gray Flycatcher (Empidonax wrightii) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 18:13 by Sandra Morey
- NE Interlachen Ln, Gresham US-OR 45.55405, -122.45719, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.554048,-122.457193&ll=45.554048,-122.457193
- Comments: "Perched on branch, wagging tail down."

Plumbeous Vireo (Vireo plumbeus) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 11:13 by Isaac Denzer
- Indian Creek Trail, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.652407,-118.6992915&ll=42.652407,-118.6992915
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Located in same area as reported yesterday,
however it was very quiet and generally difficult to see. Apparently it was
very vocal yesterday, but only sang once while we were there. It was seen
about 1.5 miles from the trail head and about .5 miles before the river
crossing. We built a cairn at the location we saw it."

Plumbeous Vireo (Vireo plumbeus) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 11:13 by John Mathison
- Indian Creek Trail, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.652407,-118.6992915&ll=42.652407,-118.6992915
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Located in same area as reported yesterday,
however it was very quiet and generally difficult to see. Apparently it was
very vocal yesterday, but only sang once while we were there. It was seen
about 1.5 miles from the trail head and about .5 miles before the river
crossing. We built a cairn at the location we saw it."

Plumbeous Vireo (Vireo plumbeus) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 11:13 by Jacob Mathison
- Indian Creek Trail, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.652407,-118.6992915&ll=42.652407,-118.6992915
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Located in same area as reported yesterday,
however it was very quiet and generally difficult to see. Apparently it was
very vocal yesterday, but only sang once while we were there. It was seen
about 1.5 miles from the trail head and about .5 miles before the river
crossing. We built a cairn at the location we saw it."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 12:20 by Janet Kelly
- 10655 Agate Rd, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.469003,-122.852605&ll=42.469003,-122.852605
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Gray with black cap. Black bill and legs. Came to the
waterfall and vicinity at least 3 times. Poor photos. Thanks Howard!"

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 11:30 by Karl Schneck
- 10665 Agate Rd. Eagle Point, OR, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.4690055,-122.8528087&ll=42.4690055,-122.8528087
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "good views, photo"

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 12:33 by Lauren diBiccari
- Eagle Point--Howard Sand's house, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.46886,-122.852864&ll=42.46886,-122.852864
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing here. Briefly moved through the brush past the
water feature but then not seen again. One quick photo."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 12:33 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Eagle Point--Howard Sand's house, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.46886,-122.852864&ll=42.46886,-122.852864
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing here. Briefly moved through the brush past the
water feature but then not seen again. One quick photo."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:50 by James Livaudais
- Home, Agate Rd., Eagle Point, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.4690051,-122.8526714&ll=42.4690051,-122.8526714
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "See Photo"

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:05 by Brian Sands
- Home, Agate Rd., Eagle Point, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.46904,-122.85268&ll=42.46904,-122.85268
- Media: 6 Photos, 2 Audio
- Comments: "Singing. Slim gray bird, dark crown."

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (Leucosticte tephrocotis) (2)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 08:30 by Matthew Henderson
- Joseph Cabin, Wallowa, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.3087599,-117.2354768&ll=45.3087599,-117.2354768
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "2 GCRF flew into trees near cabin. Perched for 10 minutes.
Great looks - see photos. Will add additional photos later. Interior
population."

Grasshopper Sparrow (Ammodramus savannarum) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:40 by Joan Suther
- Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Princeton US-OR 43.23155, -118.87103,
Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.231548,-118.871031&ll=43.231548,-118.871031
- Comments: "Flat headed sparrow with large bill sloping from head to tip.
Plain buffy-yellow underparts. Prominent stripes on crown. Singing to beat
the band. Fast buzzy insect-like song. Thanks to Megan and Auna for first
observing and reporting the previous day."

Grasshopper Sparrow (Ammodramus savannarum) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:40 by Rick Vetter
- Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Princeton US-OR 43.23155, -118.87103,
Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.231548,-118.871031&ll=43.231548,-118.871031
- Comments: "Flat headed sparrow with large bill sloping from head to tip.
Plain buffy-yellow underparts. Prominent stripes on crown. Singing to beat
the band. Fast buzzy insect-like song. Thanks to Megan and Auna for first
observing and reporting the previous day."

Brewer's Sparrow (Spizella breweri) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:12 by Lauren diBiccari
- Emigrant Lake--South Shore, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.1337652,-122.6129258&ll=42.1337652,-122.6129258
- Comments: "Small, gray-brown Spizella sparrow with thin, lispy chip. Rare
for the county although they breed on Mt. Ashland, etc. The south end of
Emigrant seems to be a regular spot to find them in migration. Exact
location was (42.1343219, -122.6128664) in willow. Photos."

Brewer's Sparrow (Spizella breweri) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 10:12 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Emigrant Lake--South Shore, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.1337652,-122.6129258&ll=42.1337652,-122.6129258
- Comments: "Small, gray-brown Spizella sparrow with thin, lispy chip. Rare
for the county although they breed on Mt. Ashland, etc. The south end of
Emigrant seems to be a regular spot to find them in migration. Exact
location was (42.1343219, -122.6128664) in willow. Photos."

Yellow-breasted Chat (Icteria virens) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 10:20 by Jules Evens
- 43010 Northfork Rd, Nehalem US-OR 45.76897, -123.84375, Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.768973,-123.843755&ll=45.768973,-123.843755
- Comments: "Stakeout reported to me by another local birder. Present since
Friday."

Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 09:29 by Jacob Mathison
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Continuing. Very hard to see."

Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 09:29 by Isaac Denzer
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Continuing. Very hard to see."

Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 06:25 by Adrian Hinkle
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Seen with Zack, who first noticed it rustling around, in front
of Alvord Inn."

Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 07:30 by Will Wright
- Northern Waterthrush site, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2446628,-121.6925699&ll=44.2446628,-121.6925699
- Comments: "Singing constantly, sweet, sweet, wack, wack, wack, choo,
choo. Observed with Peter Lowe."

Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis) (1)
- Reported Jun 01, 2020 09:30 by Anne Heyerly
- Trout Creek Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2461577,-121.6949676&ll=44.2461577,-121.6949676
- Comments: "Heard only - singing Along stream. Will upload video when I
have better signal. Ebird doesn't support video from Iphone, so no audio
can be added."

Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis) (1)
- Reported Jun 01, 2020 09:30 by Dan Heyerly
- Trout Creek Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2461577,-121.6949676&ll=44.2461577,-121.6949676
- Comments: "Heard only - singing Along stream. Will upload video when I
have better signal. Ebird doesn't support video from Iphone, so no audio
can be added."

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 09:34 by judy meredith
- Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Diamond US-OR 42.95938, -118.86804,
Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.95938,-118.868041&ll=42.95938,-118.868041
- Comments: "Singing in the willows of the CPR near the turn off to Benson
Pond. High seedle seedle seedle seedle. Black and white and gray striped
warbler."

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 07:04 by Craig Miller
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Heard only; found by other observers. Rapid clattery series of
notes, first notes slower, choppier, then ending in a more regular cadence."

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 06:25 by Adrian Hinkle
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Singing. Recording."

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 06:18 by John Mathison
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Male seen singing in oasis. Photos"

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 06:18 by Jacob Mathison
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Male seen singing in oasis. Photos"

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 06:18 by Isaac Denzer
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Male seen singing in oasis. Photos"

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 17:00 by Christopher Hinkle
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Nice male seen while looking for Blackpoll, hard to see but
eventually seen by all. Photos."

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 16:55 by Adrian Hinkle
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Male. Photos. Found by Chris Hinkle. Hard to see as it fed
methodically in tops of small willows on right as you enter oasis."

Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 16:36 by Caleb Centanni
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "(Rare): “unreported”: found by Chris Hinkle inside of same
willow patch as Blackpoll. Photo by Adrian.
— Lifer for Caleb! state bird for Oliver and Zack. — thanks Chris!
— Tennessee seen together with Blackpoll at least twice, foraging inside
of willows, at (42.2640,-118.6743).
— “We were together and they [Blackpoll and Tennessee] were together. They
probably thought ‘Wow, you look familiar! But this place doesn’t look
familiar.’ They both breed in the boreal forests of Canada.”
— (we discussed later tonight as bird-nerding-out at Cottonwood Creek
campsite, that our late-migrant warblers tend to be north of here boreal
warblers, (incl. such as Blackburnian in mid June))."

Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia) (1)
- Reported Jun 04, 2020 by Central Oregon Historical Records
- South of Indian Ford CG, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.359876,-121.6215744&ll=44.359876,-121.6215744
- Comments: ""This morning Mary (Oppenheimer) & I saw a warbler with a gray
crown, black on the sides of its head, yellow below, a black band across
the chest, with black streaks below the band, white belly & undertail
coverts, and a white undertail with the last 1/3 black." Howard Horvath"

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 07:04 by Craig Miller
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Continuing and documented by others-heard only; series of
rapid high-pitched notes."

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 06:25 by Adrian Hinkle
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Singing. Recording."

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Jun 07, 2020 06:18 by Jacob Mathison
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "Seen and heard singing in oasis. Photos"

[...]

- Comments: "Male found by Oliver. Pics."

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 16:55 by Adrian Hinkle
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Male. Photos. Spotted by Oliver. Stayed low in brush in
vicinity of TEWA"

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Jun 06, 2020 16:36 by Caleb Centanni
- Fields Oasis, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2640982,-118.6732864&ll=42.2640982,-118.6732864
- Comments: "(Rare): “unreported”: found by Oliver James at 5:34p at
(42.2640,-118.6740).
Photo by Adrian.
— After an hour, we finally got several others on it too,
and then, everyone saw it!
— lifer for Caleb and Courtney! finally resolved previous Harney co.
nemesis bird for Zack! new Oregon state bird for Em, Oliver, Zack. — thank
you, Oliver! —

— Very windy when we arrived today at Fields. (John Simpkins wrote “the
winds are howling right now here! Very strong!” at 2:40p at Andrews.) We
birded around Fields awhile, at least some of us feeling disappointed by
the winds (Aka. No birds), Zack commented re weather reports that winds
won’t die overnight but will still be windy in morning, ick, trying to
discuss how to change plans or not, etc etc, ckj feeling down about yet
another windy day at fields when we want to be finding cool birds ...

— But then Oliver found the Blackpoll!
Texts sent.
Scramble around and through willows for all of us, for next hours.
— Oliver had found a spot inside the entrance willows, (what species of
willow??), and saw Blackpoll foraging in there, and then Oliver sat there
for over an hour, also found a WIWA in same spot, (and an BUOriole in
here), and then later, Chris also nearby in these willows found Tennessee
and a WAVI.
— Very difficult trying to get everyone on all these birds, though, and
some emotional distress for some of us when others getting on them, and
others not. ie. : Caleb finally saw Chris’s Tennessee, and Courtney trying
to see that instead saw the Blackpoll, which Caleb didn’t, and Courtney
didn’t see the Tennessee, and Zack didn’t see either. “I’m not seeing
anything,” “I’ll never get to see a breeding plumage Blackpoll in Oregon”
etc. we heard eachother’s various disappointment and success through the
willows.
— But then, Caleb and Courtney got to see both,
and then Zack saw the Blackpoll (so glad!) as he and Oliver continually
resaw it from within willows.
— 6:47p the Blackpoll sang a chitter/song !
— “Blackpoll. Blackpoll. Blackpoll here.” “Blackpoll vocalizing” heard
through the willows.
And wonderful, turns out Adrian and Chris and Em all got on the rare
warblers too,

so turns out that everyone got to see every bird each heart cared to see,
(except we didn’t see a cuckoo ... or Mississippi Kite, or Cerulean or
Connecticut warblers ... etc.) , we all enjoyed dinner afterwards, basking
in glow of Successful Teamwork, good warblers for all, all of us feeling so
happy to learn everyone got to see good birds, which really is quite an
achievement, given they were hiding low inside the willow patch thicket!
:-)

— Caleb notes that it is “pretty cool in Oregon” to see a breeding
Blackpoll, “because more of them come in the fall” than spring.

— Great learning experience! To sit inside the willows, when it seems all
is quiet at fields, and birds are foraging in there, inside the willows
down low, in center of the thicket, is shielded from winds, all is pretty
calm down inside even when winds are roaring."