Date: 6/6/20 6:12 am
From: maevulus <maevulus...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] copies of Living Bird
Good morning, everyone, on this muggy day! I've been attempting to
shovel out (prior to actually cleaning) my den/office. I have about two
dozen old issues of Living Bird, the Cornell Lab of Ornithology's
magazine. They're beautiful and informative, but I'm running out of
space. If anyone wants them, we can pick a drier day and I'll put them
at the end of our driveway. Let me know!
Yesterday, by accident, we found the nesting cavity of a pair of Tufted
Titmice."Our" Hairy Woodpeckers have fledged (It's a girl! and a boy!
and one other!). The first batch of House Wrens is close to fledging, we
think. Baltimore Orioles, Chestnut-sided Warblers, phoebes, Song
Sparrows, robins and Common Yellowthroats are apparently nesting close
by, but we haven't located the nests. Great time of year!
Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

Join us on Facebook!