Date: 6/5/20 8:51 am
From: maevulus <maevulus...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Colchester Pond mystery sound - any ideas?
Hello, everyone - Great walk around Colchester Pond this morning! That's
a very birdy place. (The checklist is at
https://ebird.org/checklist/S70080118) I ended up with a mystery bird,
probably a warbler. I listened to it for many minutes at the north end
of pond, where the trail curves around and starts back, an area with
tall trees, woods, and also saplings and shrubs and the open peninsula.
I never saw the bird. It made a consistently four-note song on the same
pitch, rather whispery, with the last note accented, four notes within
about two seconds, then 2-3 second rest, then four more notes, going for
many minutes. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

Join us on Facebook!