Date: 6/5/20 4:45 am
From: Dan Small <small.m.dan...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Spring Migration on the Shore....of Virginia
All,

Apologies for the out of state post, but I thought MD birders would enjoy this.

I Came across this great article by Ned Brinkley written for Cornell’s Bird Cast page about a awesome day of birding on Memorial Day. It takes place in coastal Virginia, but he summarizes very nicely what the experience of spring migration on the shore is like for us Eastern Shore birders, e.g. nothing like what you Western Shore folks experience routinely/daily most springs (based on eBird reports and posts here).

It’s a great story about the thrills of migration birding and just birding in general.

https://birdcast.info/scientific-discussion/migration-story-23-may-2020-magic-on-the-eastern-shore-of-virginia/

Dan Small
Chestertown, MD