Date: 6/3/20 10:50 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Question about a finch-like bird in Edmonds
A great quiz bird. I agree with the ID, not an easy one, especially if the
white outer tail feathers are not visible.
Actually, I wondered whether juvenile Oregon Juncos even have white outer
tail feathers.
But, as Hal says, indeed they do.

https://search.macaulaylibrary.org/catalog?taxonCode=orejun&q=Dark-eyed%20Junco%20(Oregon)%20-%20Junco%20hyemalis%20%5Boreganus%20Group%5D&age=j

Ironically, it appears to be perched next to a nest box, and of course,
Juncos nest on the ground, not in boxes!

Bob OBrien Portland