Date: 6/3/20 12:28 am
From: <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Odell WHITE-WINGED DOVE
Speaking of White-winged Doves, Lars posed the question, “How many coastal counties have one or more verified detections?” The answer, if my numbers and eBird are right, is all but Douglas County. Almost half (17) of Oregon’s 36 counties have verified White-winged Dove sightings. If you want to make Oregon county bird history, find a White-winged Dove in Baker, Benton, Clackamas, Crook, Douglas, Gilliam, Grant, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, Linn, Marion, Morrow, Polk, Sherman, Wallowa, Washington, Wheeler or Yamhill counties.

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
Crooked River Wetlands Volunteer
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...> <mailto:<davidcbaileyoregon...> >

Date: 6/2/20 1:37 PM (GMT-08:00)

To: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...> <mailto:<shawneenfinnegan...> >

Cc: OBOL <obol...> <mailto:<obol...> >

What a great day you're having in Hood River County! The dove is an amazing find and county first!

The Eastern Kingbird is the first I am aware of for the county, though Chuck has it listed in the full checklist for Hood River here https://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

Summers and Miller (1993) do not list the species in Hood River.

Have fun!

David

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020, 08:05 Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...> <mailto:<shawneenfinnegan...> > wrote:

Holy cow. I think this is a first county record. We just found a WHITE-WINGED DOVE in Odell while looking for Mourning Dove for Hood River County. All we can find a Collared-Doves.

It is at the junction of Summit Drive and Kusisto Road.

Shawneen

ART & PET PORTRAITS: shawneenfinnegan.com <http://shawneenfinnegan.com>

Join us on Facebook!