Date: 6/1/20 10:04 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [COBOL] Re N Waterthrush location
Taking it from the Whispering Pine turnoff, go past the pond and the horse camp will be on the left. There is a large Forest Service sign on the right. Go past this about 50 feet and the Trout Creek Swamp trail starts there. Pam indicated the bird was about ¼ mile down the trail. My app measured it at .54 miles. My specific directions are proceed down the trail till you have to duck under two large trees over the trail. From there you will come to another tree over the trail where there is a detour to the left around it. A little further down the trail there is an even larger fir (or spruce) with a whole bunch of branches blocking the trail and there is a detour to the right just past a Douglas Fir with four trunks. After you return to the trail the location of the bird is about 50 – 100 feet past that. I placed a small red flag on the ground next to a 6 foot high stump on the right side of the trail. The firs really massive tree across the trail is maybe 50 yards past this spot. The Waterthrush was down by the creek. Sometimes it sang well across the creek and on a few occasions it flew across the trail and sang from the hillside.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

On 2020-06-01 13:15, Pam Otley wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry I did not give more location info. Trout Creek Swamp is in Deschutes County, sw of Sisters.

I am still on trail and my phone power is dwindling so I recommend googling.

That location is in the Oregon Birding Trails series.

Happy birding,

Pam Otley

--
Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>

_._,_._,_

_____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#2301) <https://groups.io/g/COBOL/message/2301> | Reply To Sender <mailto:<jmeredit...>?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BCOBOL%5D%20%5Bobol%5D%20Re%20N%20Waterthrush%20location> | Reply To Group <mailto:<COBOL...>?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BCOBOL%5D%20%5Bobol%5D%20Re%20N%20Waterthrush%20location> | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/74616260/1622535> | New Topic <https://groups.io/g/COBOL/post>

_._,_._,_

Join us on Facebook!