Date: 6/1/20 6:25 am
From: Mark Greenfield <markgreenfield333...>
Subject: [obol] Slug bait and birds
Because we have so many birds on our property, as well as two dogs, snakes, chickens, salamanders and other animals, we do not use any commercially sold slug bait. Instead, we cut holes in cottage cheese or yogurt containers, place them in the ground, and pour half an inch of the cheapest beer we can find in the containers. The slugs love the beer, but drown in it. Other animals don’t get into it because the lids are on. Using beer instead of slug bait is labor-intensive, but it works and is safe.

Mark Greenfield
Sauvie IslandUNSUBSCRIBE: www.freelists.org/list/obol
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!