Date: 5/22/20 4:26 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] This Week's Highlights and New Arrivals, 5/16-22

Hi all,
My observations of note over the past seven days included the following fun:
- 18 species of warblers, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 5/17, led by 30 Common Yellowthroats and 19 Yellow-rumped Warblers,
- 21 species of warblers (new personal Patch record!), Florida Lake Park, 5/18 (with Jeannette) led by 40 Common Yellowthroats and 29 Yellow-rumped Warblers but also including 1 Cape May Warbler (with Zane Baker) and a tardy Palm Warbler for #21.
- 12 Semipalmated Sandpipers (FOY), Florida Lake Park, 5/18 (with Chris Beck, Noah Gibb, and Jeannette), 5/18: my 163rd all-time species here!
- 319 Black-bellied Plovers, 141 Ruddy Turnstones, etc, Pine Point, Scarborough, 5/18 (with Jeannette).
- 900-1,000 Long-tailed Ducks and 81 Brant, Pine Point Beach, 5/18 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Florida Lake Park, 5/20.
- 17 species of warblers, led by 16 Common Yellowthroats and 10 American Redstarts but including 1 Bay-breasted Warbler, Florida Lake Park, 5/21.
- 18 species of warblers, led by 22 Common Yellowthroats and 11 Ovenbirds but including 1 continuing Lousiana Waterthrush and 2 Bay-breasted Warblers, Morgan Meadow WMA, 5/22.

And my personal first of years this week were as follows:
- 2 Blackpoll Warblers, Florida Lake Park, 5/17.
- 2 Bay-breasted Warblers, Florida Lake Park, 5/18 (with Jeannette).
- 26 Short-billed Dowitchers, Pine Point, 5/18 (with Jeannette).
- 19 Least Terns, Pine Point, 5/18 (with Jeannette).
- 4 Laughing Gulls, Bailey Island, Harpswell, 5/19.
- 1 Tennessee Warbler, Bailey Island, 5/19.
- 1 Eastern Wood-Pewee, Florida Lake Park, 5/21
- 7 Red-eyed Vireos, Morgan Meadow WMA, 5/22.

-Derek

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

Freeport Wild Bird Supply

541 Route One, Suite 10