Date: 5/22/20 2:56 pm
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] When things go as hoped for
I took off to Lincoln County about 04:00 this morning. Chuck Philo and I have been strategizing how to find Black Swifts in the county, and we conclude that one needs to look during the first two hours after dawn with an overcast sky. I met Chuck at the gull puddle along the S Jetty Rd, but before he got there I saw three black swifts flying north. After an hour of looking for more without success we headed to Ona Beach where Chuck had found a Bank Swallow on Wednesday. After about 45 minutes we found him in the swallow flock that seemed to come and go. Nice when things go your way. Two long-billed curlews and a godwit were still along the MSC trail, a bonus for being in the area.

Sent from my iPhonePOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!