Date: 5/22/20 2:46 pm
From: jcooley <jcooley...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Re: Bald eagle killed - by a loon??
Hi all,

Just correcting the record: the eagle was killed by a loon, indeed, but the
person who found it was a birder and photographer in western Maine, Nat
Woodruff. Loon Preservation Committee staff heard about his discovery and,
with veterinarian Mark Pokras, encouraged Maine Fish and Wildlife
colleagues to conduct a necropsy and confirm the cause. An age-old battle,
back on our New England lakes now!

John Cooley Jr.