Date: 5/22/20 2:23 pm
From: tgrey41 <tgrey...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Backyard Spring
Family needs have limited my bird photo "outings" this year almost
exclusively to what I could see through the window overlooking my backyard
fountain. But some of the results have been rewarding. Example; yesterday a
female WILSON'S WARBLER showed up, only the third of the species I've ever
seen in the yard; it posed at my motto carved in stone:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/170730677

and in the fountain stream:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/170730681 .

Four days before, I had a visit from a recently hatched JUVENILE DARK-EYED
JUNCO, which posed in the same fountain stream:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/170722454

took to the water:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/170722417

and after a bath, looked like a completely different bird:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/170722424 .

Other backyard birds photographed this year have included RED-BREASTED
NUTHATCH, PINE SISKIN, PURPLE FINCH, VARIED THRUSH, COOPER'S HAWK,
TOWNSEND'S WARBLER, HERMIT THRUSH, and various expectable species, all to
be found in my gallery https://pbase.com/tgrey/latest .

--
Tom Grey
www.pbase.com/tgrey