Date: 5/22/20 2:15 pm
From: Justin Rink via groups.io <spindalis79=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Mercer Woods, etc.
This morning I observed/heard 44 species on the Mercer Woods property.
Highlights included VEERY, GOLDEN-WINGED and BLACKBURNIAN WARBLERS.
Yesterday Jordan LaBarr and I had at least two male CANADA WARBLERS at
Prairie View RA, as well as an oddly located YELLOW-BELLIED
FLYCATCHER. Several ALDER FLYCATCHERS were active at the 234th Street
Wetlands.
A Yellow-breasted Chat was possibly heard along a nature trail in
Valley singing a short snatch of churring rattles but not located.
Mercer Woods (restricted access)
May 22, 2020
7:49 AM
Traveling
1.40 miles
157 minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Overcast. Temp 62F. Warblers following a BCCH family group akin to
fall.

2 Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)
2 Mourning Dove
12 Chimney Swift
1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker
2 Downy Woodpecker - VS
2 Eastern Wood-Pewee
2 Least Flycatcher
1 Great Crested Flycatcher
1 Warbling Vireo
1 Red-eyed Vireo
3 Blue Jay
2 Black-capped Chickadee
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet -- Dzz-zzt call. Non-descript dull olive. Wing
flicking behavior. Large eye ring.
3 White-breasted Nuthatch - FL
1 House Wren
6 European Starling
6 Gray Catbird - OS
1 Veery -- Bright rufous mantle. Light gray clean flanks. Buffy
spotting on upper chest. Photo.
5 Swainson's Thrush
7 American Robin
15 Cedar Waxwing
2 House Sparrow
3 House Finch
2 American Goldfinch
1 Chipping Sparrow
1 Orchard Oriole
2 Baltimore Oriole
2 Brown-headed Cowbird
5 Common Grackle
1 Golden-winged Warbler
3 Tennessee Warbler
1 Mourning Warbler
1 Common Yellowthroat
2 American Redstart
1 Northern Parula - S7
2 Magnolia Warbler
1 Blackburnian Warbler
3 Yellow Warbler
3 Blackpoll Warbler
1 Wilson's Warbler
3 Northern Cardinal
1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak
1 Indigo Bunting

Number of Taxa: 44
Good birding.
Justin RinkMidtown OmahaDouglas Co., NE
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#38704) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute
This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe
[<lists...>]
_._,_._,_

Join us on Facebook!