Date: 5/22/20 1:44 pm
From: Terry Hill <terrynjohn...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Highlights of 5/22/20 Harriett Wieder Monthly Survey
After confirming the parking lot for Harriett Wieder Park was now open this past Tuesday, I quickly put together a small group of some of our regulars so that we could do a monthly survey today, May 22.   Our highlights included 2 Red-necked Phalaropes (in the BC cells below the area running from Fisher’s Gulch to the helipad), 18 Snowy Plovers, including 3 chicks (same area), a heard-only Least Bittern at 8:15, 1 male Pin-tailed Whydah, 1 California Thrasher, 1 Yellow-breasted Chat, 2 Swainson’s Thrushes, and 19 Redheads.  Be aware that there are a lot of homeless people encamped in the area below Garfield & Seapoint, and that team could not cover that part of their area.
--
Terry Hill
Huntington Beach