Date: 5/22/20 1:27 pm
From: tomtazzstone <tomtazzstone...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Lee co. 5-21
Yesterday, my dad ( Tom Stone sr. ) and I did are annual trip to s.e. Iowa near Argyle, along Belphast rd. and the Croton unit of Shimek St forest. With the cooler then normal temps., the birds were active and singing into the afternoon.
There were still a good variety of warbler sp. and we counted 18 species, excluding YB Chat , which is no longer considered a Warbler. Here are some of the highlights;

1- PRAIRIE WARBLER- at " Prairie W. spot"
13 - BLUE WINGED W.
10 - KENTUCKY W.
1- L. WATERTHRUSH
3- MOURNING W.
14- YB. CHAT- 6 along Belphast, and at least 8 at Prairie w. spot.
2- YB. CUCKOO
1- BB. CUCKOO
2- BLUE GROSBEAK
8- WHITE-EYED VIREO