Date: 5/22/20 12:49 pm
From: Rita Goranson <ritag...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Avocets
After a dry spell on warblers, we were blessed with great numbers for two
days. Now back down to ten species today, with a Connecticut singing at
Parker's Woods this a.m. Then I went to Zirbel Slough and the county guy
working there said there was a funny looking shorebird at the water's edge
in the south pond. I went out to see and it was two A. Avocets. As I got
back to the car I saw two up close in the water near the parking lot so
there may have been four Avocets.

Rita Goranson

Mason City, Iowa