Date: 5/22/20 10:55 am
From: Pamela Moyer <silvereagle...>
Subject: FW: [birders] White breasted nuthatch family

-----Original Message-----
From: <silvereagle...> <silvereagle...>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:30 PM
To: <birders...>
Subject: [birders] White breasted nuthatch family

Today appears to be the day the nut hatches fledged although I am very confused I think it’s been well over a month since they first laid the eggs it took a long time to incubate I remember seeing the babies last week and their eyes were still closed now today they’re gone and one of the parent birds periodically comes back to the nest where there’s a couple of sparrows that are trying to take over the sparrows can’t fit through the hole In the nesting box can anyone tell me why the parent nuthatch would still periodically come back to the box today even though the babies are gone? There were baby birds yesterday the mother was still sitting on them. The parents were still actively feeding them yesterday but at one point I thought I saw a third nut hatch fly out of the box so they may have started fledging yesterday

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<ce048ccdba1d42d6af04ee1cbb5e645e.squirrel...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/003101d63062%2439f9d190%24aded74b0%<24...>