Date: 5/22/20 10:24 am
From: Olcott, Susan P <Susan.P.Olcott...>
Subject: Re: Lack of insects (Tucker)
I've had a couple of calls about dead barn swallows (adults and nestlings). The individuals were in too bad shape for analysis, but the occurrence is troubling. Additionally, the whip-poor-wills that have set up there territory around my house in southern Monongalia Co haven't been heard since the cold snap. No insects for them to eat especially at night.

Susan Olcott
WVDNR
Lepidoptera and Pollinator Conservation Project Leader
PO Box 99, 1110 Railroad St
Farmington WV 26571
(304)825-6787