Date: 5/22/20 9:15 am
From: Lee Schoenewe <lschoe...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Grr-8 Casual Birds for List
This past week I was notified by a friend across town that he had a female
Western Tanager at his oranges. Nancy and I were there in about 15 minutes
but the bird had left. The friend has not seen it again.

The next day Ed T. was notified by DNR staff at the Hogsback unit that they
had a Black-headed Grosbeak visiting their feeders. Ed was there the next
morning and Nancy and I also stopped by before and after a nice bird hike on
the trails there. The bird has not been seen again.

In both cases the notifications we received were accompanied by diagnostic
photos. We have added those two species to our Big Year List and are happy
to have them. Two birds we hoped for but did not expect to get!

May Memorial weekend produce birds you would like to remember!

Lee A Schoenewe

Spencer

_____

<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Scanned by McAfee
<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient> and confirmed virus-free.