Date: 5/22/20 8:40 am
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Grape jelly???
Right. It stands to say that if birds are canaries in the coal mine and if HFCSyrup and too much sugar are really bad for humans, then they can't be great for the birds.

There have been some emails today on the WV listserv discussing the lack of flying insects down south here due to the colder temps we've had. It hasn't been pretty for the birds this spring, either. If there was a year that the BBS (Breeding Bird Survey) REALLY needed to be run, this is one. I'd say that if whatever state you are in has relaxed its stay-at-home orders, and if your BBS route stays in legal, safe areas, perhaps try to run your route(s) to keep a good data stream. I plan on it here, and will turn in my data to my regional coordinators.

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA