Date: 5/22/20 7:33 am
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [slocobirding] [eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Indigo Bunting (5 reports)

Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported May 21, 2020 09:00 by Rick Saval
- 1825 Quintana Rd, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3623335,-120.8145046&ll=35.3623335,-120.8145046
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Photo."

Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported May 21, 2020 12:52 by Jamie Woolf
- 1856–1874 Quintana Rd, Morro Bay US-CA (35.3619,-120.8148), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.361883,-120.814838&ll=35.361883,-120.814838
- Comments: "Continuing male calling and perching on power lines along the road in front of Coast Veterinary."

Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported May 21, 2020 16:11 by John Sterling
- 1876–1884 Quintana Rd, Morro Bay US-CA 35.36176, -120.81313, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.361759,-120.813133&ll=35.361759,-120.813133
- Comments: "Continuing all blue bunting. Photographed"

Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported May 20, 2020 15:48 by John/Linda Mendoza
- Quintana Rd., Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3625421,-120.8166406&ll=35.3625421,-120.8166406
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Photo"

Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported May 21, 2020 09:15 by Carolyn Krueger
- Quintana Road, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3629761,-120.8176387&ll=35.3629761,-120.8176387
- Comments: "Continuing breeding male. Today’s observations were the most extensive of the past 4 days. He perched several times in clear view on the usual power lines, on tops of shrubs and trees and on top of a power pole. All in the usual vicinity, mostly on the north side of Quintana. I observed him for some minutes as he sang atop the power pole, shifting his facing several times affording excellent views of him from every angle. I heard straight songs, songs with calls, and calls alone. He was very vocal—so quite easy to find when he changed perches. At my first sighting of him, he appeared to be keeping company with a female bunting. This was corroborated by another birder on the scene. I believe nesting activity is happening, with the focus of activity in the area behind the mustard plants which I have mentioned in all my reports. As this is my daily walk, I will continue to look for signs of a partner and nesting activity."