Date: 5/22/20 5:52 am
From: Steve Johnson <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender stevejohnson2 for DMARC)
Subject: [va-bird] Fwd: Breeding Bird Codes
Thanks Kurt for this helpful reminder.  In the past several people have asked, How do you change the portal.  Here are step-by-step instructions for anyone who wants them.
Steve Johnson
Fairfax, Virginia
1) Begin at eBird home page, https://ebird.org/home2) Login if you haven't already3) Click "Complete Checklists"; or equivalently, click "My eBird" and then "Manage My Checklists"4) Open the particular checklist by clicking on it5) Click the blue box "Checklist tools"6) One option on the pull-down menu is "Change Portal".  Select that.7) On the list of portals, select "Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas" and then click "Change Portal"
Depending on your software version and platform, some of these steps may be slightly different.  On many platforms, and in the eBird phone app, you can set the default Portal.  If you set the default to the Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas, you will not need to do the above steps each time.  It's much easier to just set it once at the beginning of the season.