Date: 5/21/20 8:22 am
From: lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <lcarrigan_55=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [IBLE] Still Missing W Tanager
Reading with envy the numbers of Western Tanagers from west side of state. Keep looking, scanning & listening &, so far, zero for me. I'm down to a pr of Evening Grosbeaks, from a hi of 35. They were, indeed, fun to watch & listen to for 3 wks. But, a silver lining, I'm back down to feeding my 1lb of black oil sunflower seeds/day, instead of 3! Saves a few bucks.

They have been replaced by Black-headed Grosbeaks, a high of 15, at present. 4 Pine Siskins coming in & at least 7 Lazuli Buntings at a time hit the feeders. Numerous Am Goldfinches around & a fair number of House Finches. Yellow Warblers are setting up territories throughout the woods. And a pr of Black-chinned Hummingbirds is hitting the nectar.

I haven't seen nor heard the Blue Jay since last wkend, but did overwinter. Perhaps, the same one as last year? Like to think so. Other yard sightings are: 5-6 Bald Eagles, 3-5 Swainson's Hawks, 2 Red-tailed Hawks & 1 ea Am Kestrel & Sharp-shinned Hawk on avg, daily. Lots of White Pelicans this yr & a good number of DC Cormorants. Just need a W Tanager to make spring...complete.

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot