Date: 5/21/20 7:50 am
Subject: Re: Lake Crabtree birding

Several of us did go to the dam this morning. Did see 8 Semi P, 3 Leasts, and many Semi Sandpipers and a few Killdeers at that spot. Gotta walk up the grassy knoll to see them along the flooded path south of the dam. We also saw a Black Tern flying over the lake, near the dam; in breeding plumage.

Harry LeGrand

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 21, 2020, at 8:18 AM, Harry LeGrand <hlegrandjr...> wrote:
>
> The lake is now into the lawn at the park. Lots of shoreline there. One Red-necked Phalarope here along with many Semi and a Few Leasts. Lots of Spotteds, a few Semi Plovers and Killdeers. No Dunlins or larger sandpipers. Lots of swallows over the lawn. Southport nothing and flooded.
>
> Eddie Owens said he had 9 Semi plovers at the south end of the dam. Water into the grass there. One Caspian.
>
> Harry LeGrand
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!