Date: 5/20/20 6:11 pm
From: scompton1251 <scompton1251...>
Subject: Re: Hooper Lane
Not surprising that all Supersod farms closed. The late Robin Carter first cultivated a relationship with the Orangeburg, SC farm, published a checklist of birds found there, and set an example of responsible behavior. I was one of many who enjoyed birding there on a number of ocassions, recording several life records. With few exceptions birders behaved well at the SC farm, as I imagine they did in NC. It is some consolation to note that it was not birders who caused this difficulty. I can appreciate that the closure must exclude all non-farm.activity, as there is no way to police the large property. A sad day.Steve ComptonGreenville, SCSent from my Verizon LG Smartphone------ Original message------From: JOHN CoxDate: Wed, May 20, 2020 12:41 PMTo: carolinabirds;Cc: Subject:Re: Hooper Lane

I just called Super Sod in Orangeburg SC. They are now closed to birders. Presumably one can still bird from public roads that traverse their farms, but access to farm roads is closed.

John Cox

Mount Pleasant, SC

Join us on Facebook!