Date: 5/20/20 8:05 am
Subject: Re: Blackpoll Warbler in Raleigh on Saturday
That's interesting. I also heard one in my neighborhood in Little
Washington on Saturday afternoon. Within a block of the north side of the
Pamlico River. Scattered tall trees and open yards in the historic
district.

I used to hear one every May when I worked at home from an apartment in
downtown Raleigh and had my office window open, which looked over a large
area with mature hardwood trees in a lawn. It would sing there for several
days in May, multiple years in a row, and that's how I learned the
Blackpoll Warbler.

Betsy Kane
Washington, N.C.