Date: 5/19/20 12:30 pm
From: Ron <waxwing...>
Subject: Re: Hooper Lane Henderson County, NC
The one outside of Hendersonville is right beside the park, so it’s too convenient for folks to just keep going. Maybe Orangeburg, without a nearby park, will be different, hopefully.

Ron Clark
Kings Mtn. NC

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:17 PM
To: Wayne Forsythe
Cc: Carolina Birds

Wayne,
Do you know if this also affects the Super Sod farm in Orangeburg, SC? They have always been amenable and friendly when I call ahead of time at that location to give them a heads up about birding there.
Thanks,
Matt Janson
Charlotte, NC

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 3:07 PM Wayne Forsythe <wforsythe...> wrote:

Folks, effective immediately, Super Sod has closed the farm to all folks except employees. David the head man, called me this am to give me the bad news. He said some management changes at Corporate and a new insurance co. has resulted in the changes!
David assured me that birders up our way, have never been a problem. But recently, folks have been out there jogging, biking, women with baby carriages, etc. have been using the farm. This greatly increases the liability issues and cause for concern! They have also had some liability issues in South Carolina. No Trespassing signs will be going up in the very near future.
We can continue to bird from the county roads only. Please respect their wishes!
I have a very good relationship with management and hope to be able to work something out for us in the near future.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone

--

Matthew D. Janson