Date: 5/19/20 11:26 am
From: Betty Holton <bholton...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Advice or thoughts on a bulldozing project with nesting BVs

Hi you might try calling the city and ask for an extension for the tear down till the baby’s have left the nest. Betty

On Tue, 19 May 2020 18:17:15 +0000, Cynthia Crowley <Cynthia.Crowley...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or other thoughts about a situation I'm in. I'm renting an apartment in the Old North End with an old falling-down barn in the back yard. Black vultures have been breeding and almost certainly nesting in the barn.

After who knows how many years of this barn falling down, it's now (of course, because 2020 should ruin everything good) that my landlord wants to have it torn down. Not because of the vultures, but because there have been complaints to the city about the barn. It sounds like the city called him and asked him to take immediate action. He's told me to move my tomatoes out of the way of where the roll-off dumpster will be situated, so I think this thing is moving as quickly as possible.

I asked him to see about waiting a few months, but he wasn't receptive to it. He relays to me that it's an urgent issue with the city.

Is there anything I can do about this? Does it matter?

Thanks,

Cynthia

Join us on Facebook!