Date: 5/17/20 9:32 am
Subject: Re: Loggerhead shrikes, SE Raleigh

To add to what Marc had yesterday —
Lori Arent and I watched a singing Loggerhead Shrike this morning near the Point Church, south of Raleigh, on a phone line. It was last seen in the grove of trees south of the church. This is not far from where I had a singing bird in March, but it moved on. I fear this one could move on as well, though John Connors had 1-2 in this area last summer.

Shrike is a rare bird now in most of the Piedmont. As it is not yet an eBird write-in for Wake County, we’ll report them here.

Only one Mississippi Kite this morning along Mid-Pines Road; the flock from last week seems to have gone, but at least the species is still present and presumed nesting above Yates Pond.

Harry LeGrand
Raleigh

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 16, 2020, at 8:44 AM, Marc Ribaudo (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>
> I found 2 Loggerhead Shrikes on Brackpenny Rd in SE Raleigh this morning. I found one at the same spot last June, so likely nesting nearby.
>
> Marc Ribaudo

Join us on Facebook!