Date: 5/16/20 5:45 am
From: Eve Ticknor <edticknor...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Sandhill Cranes from egg on
Love the video! Those are confident cranes to raise young so close to humans. I love in Ontario and I know of an area where we have Sandhills who breed there but too secretive and in general we do not know exactly where, as it should be.
Thank you for showing this.

> On May 16, 2020, at 8:14 AM, maevulus <maevulus...> wrote:
>
> Good morning - An old high school friend who now lives in Florida has put together a video of his neighborhood's resident pair of cranes. I debated posting the link because they're not Vermont birds - but they are a species that nests and raises young here, and the photos are delightful. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/tRNLU0PmDQY
>
> I was somewhat concerned that the lawns look either like artificial turf or like grass that's been heavily treated with ChemLawn. I've read about the dangers to many kinds of mammals from the stuff that people use to make their lawns "beautiful", but does anyone know of any studies about young birds and lawn "treatments"? The cranes have raised colts in that area for more than twenty years.
>
> Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

Eve Ticknor
<edticknor...>

Box 2206
Prescott, On
K0E 1T0

24 Birch Ave
Willsboro, NY
12996

"Be thou happy, be thou blest, from thy birth until thy rest.”
(Quaker blessing)

Join us on Facebook!