Date: 5/13/20 7:00 pm
From: scompton1251 <scompton1251...>
Subject: Re: Kirtland's Warbler -- singing! -- today in Watauga Co., NC
Awesome. Ranging much higher than the Mount Mitchell bird, perhaps due to the lack of taller trees on that site. Steve ComptonGreenville, SCSent from my Verizon LG Smartphone------ Original message------From: Derek AldrichDate: Wed, May 13, 2020 8:28 PMTo: Dwayne Martin;Cc: Harry LeGrand;carolinabirds listserve;Subject:Re: Kirtland's Warbler -- singing! -- today in Watauga Co., NCre the audio on ebird: They just imported a huge chunk of audio this past weekend so the system is playing catch up currently. Very nice sighting though. Derek AldrichSC Ebird Hotspot AdminOn Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:05 PM Dwayne Martin <carolinabirds...> wrote:This should work.  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/katiekatejeane/videos/pcb.10222052611452714/10222052575291810/?type=3&theaterDwayne**LJ__;KioqKioqKioqKioqKg!!OToaGQ!_gRQXNHyvBOf7bAPEsTG58ND_VrjImYWuw-SuCo-irnD7EJ8PD0PbDg7tnWowbwchts$ . Dwayne MartinHickory, <NCredxbill...> Catawba County Park RangerRiverbend Park - Conover,
<NCjdmartin...>://www.catawbacountync.gov/depts/parks/http://www.weatherlink.com/user/riverbendparkOn Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:00 PM Harry LeGrand <carolinabirds...> wrote:The first known record of a Kirtland's Warbler singing in NC was made today -- and video has been uploaded to Facebook Carolina Rare Birds.  Ed Corey and I have already played the video, and indeed it is!  Katie Griffith has created an eBird list, but that does not have an audio recording --in fact, all recordings on eBird are down the last few days (Cornell issue, I think).  Someone may know how to share the Facebook link here, if so -- can you share that?   (Note-- you cannot see colors on the bird, but you can see the tail wagging and hear numerous songs.)This is just the SECOND spring report of Kirtland's for NC, but the other was a non-vocal bird.    Harry LeGrandBirds of North Carolina website editor

Join us on Facebook!